Every women desires to have a flat stomach so that she could fit in her lovely dresses. Though earning those flat and cool abs is a challenging task. One needs to sacrifice their favourite foods and adopt a strict fitness regime. In this article we will explore some floor exercises.
You really cannot cheat your diet and exercise regime when it comes to getting a flat stomach. Hence, in this article, we are trying to acquaint you with some of the best floor exercises that can make your abs flat and look fabulous.
You need to do the following:
- Buy yourself a fitness attire and a yoga mat
- Dedicate some time out of your busy schedule for these exercises (even 10-15 minutes are sufficient)
- Exercise on an empty stomach
- Be consistent
So, let’s begin our floor exercises. Nothing is easy here. You need to get into this challenge and keep rocking.
1. Basic Crunch
- This is of the common floor exercises to flatten your stomach.
- Lie down on the mat and bring your knees to 90 degree angle.
- Place your finger behind the ears or you could cross your hands on your chest to avoid neck pain.
- Bring your chest in the upward direction and be there for a while. Inhale while you do so.
- Return to the sleeping position while exhaling.
- Perform this exercise for at least one minute. It will be effective for the topmost portion of your stomach.
2. Reverse Crunch
- Lie down on the mat and bring your legs upwards and straighten them.
- Lock your hands on the mat besides your hips, keeping them straight.
- Now, bring your legs forward till your chest, keeping them straight. Inhale.
- While exhaling, bring your legs to the downward direction but do not let them touch the floor. If you are not able to do with straight legs, you can bend your knees a little.
- This is effective for the bottom part of your stomach.
3. Double Crunch
- This exercise is the combination of a basic crunch and a reverse crunch.
- Lie down on the mat and bring your knees to the 90 degree angle.
- Place your fingers behind the ears.
- Bring your upper body till the knees. At the same time, your knees should also be moved till your chest.
- Thus, there must be simultaneous movement of knees as well as your chest.
- Inhale as you come up and exhale as you go down.
- This exercise is a perfect regime for your entire stomach area. Repeat this exercise for at least one minute or as much as you can.
4. Bicycle Crunch
- If you perform this exercise, you can achieve your dream of getting a flat stomach soon. However, this exercise is not as easy as it sounds to be. You will have to be very careful while performing this one.
- As you lie down on your mat, bring your knees to 90 degree position.
- Lock your fingers behind your ears as your do for the basic and other crunches. Now, you will have to bring your right elbow to the left knee and let them touch each other. Then, you have to touch the right knee with your left elbow.
- While doing this exercise, it is natural to feel that burning sensation in your stomach. This exercise focuses the sides of your abdomen.
- Even though you feel like jerking or doing fast movements, you should not do it. Rather, your movements must be slow and fluid.
- If you get cramps in your stomach, rest for a while and then, perform this exercise. Do not forget to breathe.
5. Raises (With A Napkin Or An Exercise Ball)
- One of the effective stomach exercises, raises will not only flatten your stomach but will also tone your arms.
- Lie down on your mat and hold an exercise ball in your hand. It should fit in your hand. If you do not want to spend money for an exercise ball, then simply get your face napkin. Roll the napkin and use it as a support for your hands.
- Finding the support of the ball or the napkin, come up slowly.
- You can raise your hands, holding the napkin or the ball. Straighten your hands and turn to your left side. Twist your stomach a bit. Then, come to the original position and turn to the left side. This will have an impact on your sides too.
- Then, slowly and fluidly go down to the mat holding your napkin or ball and bring it to your front of your chest.
- How can we forget our plank? Plank is a popular form of exercise to tone your abs. You just need to be consistent in doing this exercise.
- You need to rest your upper part of the body on your elbows and lower part of your body on your toes. Yes, it is difficult. If you are not able to balance yourself on toes, then rest your knees on the mat, but do not lower your back.
- Remember that your neck, spine and hips should be in a straight line. You should not lower your back or raise your hips while doing so.
- So, balance your body for at least 30 seconds on your toes and elbows. Breathe continuously. Keep your abs tight.
- After a few days, you can do it for more than 2 minutes, by taking regular breaks in between.
- Plank works on your core muscles. It tones, strengthens and flattens the stomach.
7. Rocking Plank
- You need to follow the above instructions and do a plank.
- When you are in the plank position, move your body or simply rock your body back and forth slowly.
- Do this exercise for 30 seconds. You will just get rocking abs in few weeks!
8. Arm Push-Ups
- Though the name says arm push-ups, these are also great for stomach and thighs.
- Sit on your knees and come in a plank position by resting your palms on the mat. You are balancing the lower part of your body on your toes.
- Now, push your upper body in the downward direction, without bending your knees. Inhale as you go down.
- Exhale as your come up. Do not do it fast. It will take time to perform arm push-ups.
- If you are not able to balance on your toes, then rest your knees. You are still working on your abs by keeping them straight and tight.
- When you do arm push-ups, you are working on your arms, stomach and legs. This is one of the best exercises created by fitness experts.
- When you are doing any crunch related exercises, take care about your neck. Your neck should be jerked anytime.
- Look at the ceiling when you come up as you perform any crunch exercises. You chin should not touch the skin. It should be lifted above.
- Breathe properly. Breathing is the key.
- Drink sips of water when you get tired and feel thirsty.
- Do not perform all the exercises at one go. Increase your level of intensity gradually.
So, these are some of the tummy trimming exercises that a woman should do on a daily basis. If you have a flat stomach, you can wear those lovely dresses and also, prevent yourself from obesity and relate diseases. So, hit the mat and get flat abs!