Quick Facts About Coconut Oil
- Coconut oil is a surprising ingredient for burning fat as it helps by increasing the energy output.
- It contains a daily requirement of fatty acids along with saturated acids, that help in remaining healthy.
- Coconut oil comes with the capability to reduce your hunger naturally, hence, good for the ones looking for dieting.
- It serves as an amazing antiseptic for fighting against various infections through bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- It is helpful in maintaining the blood cholesterol levels as well as reducing the chances of heart diseases.
- It is helpful for people suffering from seizures as coconut oil comes with a good quantity of ketones in it.
- It is helpful in improving the brain function of people suffering from Alzheimer’s disease.
- Coconut oil is much helpful in healing various urinary tract infections and kidney infects too.
- It is also used for improving the oral health as it helps in killing the bacteria in the mouth.
How Is Coconut Oil Helpful For Healthy Hair? What Are The Nutrients It Contains?
Coconut oil for hair growth has been a traditional option for getting long and healthy hair. Its application has gifted with healthy, manageable, silky, and long hair which is considered to be the best replacement for other chemical-based hair products like conditioners and hair serums. It not only helps in the growth of the hair but is also beneficial for strengthening it and conditioning the scalp.
Coconut oil comes with a complete pack of nutrients like proteins, lauric acid, magnesium, minerals, and other nutrients that nourish the hair from the roots. It contains rich properties like anti-fungal, anti-oxidant, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial, that help in keeping your scalp healthy and protect you from harmful infections and chemicals.
What Are The Benefits Of Coconut Oil For Hair Growth And How To Use It?
Having dry or brittle hair? Thinking is coconut oil good for your hair? The answer is a big YES. Rather than going to the harmful shampoos and conditioners, coconut oil is the best option which helps in fighting against a number of hair problems in a natural way. It comes with a complete focus on the hair, its roots, and the scalp, that helps in fighting against a number of infections too.
Here are some benefits of using coconut oil, and the best ways to obtain it.
1. Give Your Hair Deep Conditioning With Coconut Oil
Coconut oil for hair growth is also beneficial for deep conditioning. It contains a healthy amount of chain fatty acids that help in deep and quick penetration as compared to other conditioning products. It is mostly used for the treatment of split ends, healthy glow to the tresses, moisturization of the scalp and much more. Simply follow these steps for conditioning the hair.
- Prepare your hair by washing it properly and allow it to dry completely.
- Get some virgin coconut oil and warm it slightly in a bowl.
- Use your fingers and massage your scalp and hair with the oil gently.
- Use a comb to work through in your hair.
- After working on the hair completely, wrap the hair and tie a towel on it.
- Allow the towel to soak the oil for around 30 mins.
- Wash the hair with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
2. Thinking To Detangle Your Hair? Coconut Oil Is The Best Option
Confused about how to deal with the tangles in your curly and long hair? Surprisingly, coconut oil can help you out here too. As it is a natural ingredient, it helps in nourishing your tresses, and hence, can help you manage the curls. The oil is used before you begin with styling or brushing your hair. Here is how you can use coconut oil as a detangle.
- Take some virgin coconut oil in a small bowl that can be placed in a big bowl of hot water for heating it.
- Comb your hair properly and begin to apply the oil using your fingers.
- Massage the scalp and hair with gentle fingers, especially, the hair ends.
- Comb the hair as you work oiling towards the roots.
- Gently work on the tangles using a comb as you oil them.
- Allow the hair to soak the oil.
- Brush and style the hair as you want.
- Do not rinse the hair or wash using any kind of shampoos.
3. Coconut Oil As A Defender For Dandruff
Dandruff is quite a common problem that arrives due to chemical shampoos, styling products, conditioners, hair colors, and much more. It leaves your scalp with flaky and itchy dandruff that not only damages the scalp but also hinders the healthy growth of the hair. Thinking how to use coconut oil for hair growth? Follow the steps below.
- Before you plan to move to the bed, wash your hair using mild shampoo and conditioner.
- Take a comb, some warmly heated coconut oil, and a towel.
- Comb your hair well as you remove the tangles.
- Apply the melted coconut oil using your fingers on the hair.
- Massage the oil on the scalp using gentle fingers.
- Make sure you apply properly on the entire scalp before you use a towel to wrap the hair.
- Leave the towel on the head overnight for magical results.
- Wash out your hair next day morning with little warm water and mild shampoo.
4. A Base Applicant Before Using Hair Colors
Coconut oil for hair growth is also helpful as a base before looking for hair coloring. As coconut oil works as a penetrator for the hair, it helps in giving your hair vibrant colors with ease and help them in lasting for long period. Using extra virgin coconut oil is the best option. Here is how you can prepare the base before coloring.
- Take some virgin coconut oil and heat it using a small and big bowl. Place the small bowl in the bigger one with hot water in it.
- When the oil melts at the proper temperature, take the herbal colors and mix them in it well.
- Apply the color to the hair normally and leave the color on the hair for around 30 mins.
- Wash away using lukewarm water, and remove the color and the oil properly.
- Wrap the hair by using a towel or shower cap and leave it overnight for the color to set well.
5. For Increasing The Growth Of The Hair
This is the best trick for those looking for how to use coconut oil for hair growth. It consists of required nutrients that help the hair is growing faster and thicker. It provides with complete nourishment to the scalp and also helps in the removal of unwanted hair follicles. Here is the process of application.
- The process of application is carried out just before moving to the bed.
- Take some coconut oil and heat it to a particular warm temperature.
- Comb the hair and remove all the tangles.
- Use your fingers as you massage the scalp using the fingertips.
- Also, make sure you oil the hair till the end.
- Wrap a warm towel or cloth on the hair and cover the scalp overnight.
6. For Protection From Sun Damage
This is a surprising fact that coconut oil for hair growth serves as a great protection from the sun damage. It protects the hair from the UV rays of the sun, the stormy winds during days, the elements in the atmosphere, etc. For protecting the hair from the sun damage, follow the below steps.
- Brush your hair properly as you remove the tangles before using the virgin coconut oil.
- Take some coconut oil and warm it to a particular temperature.
- Massage the scalp using your fingertips and the hair too.
- Brush the hair well and style them as you want.
Coconut oil henceforth is a complete package which works as a natural conditioner, hair growth tonic, styling product, as well as, a rejuvenating product. The oil is widely used after warming at a particular temperature which is bearable by the scalp. It is also effective for the treatment of lice, and as a prevention from it. For quick results, people also use coconut oil shampoo and other products that are based on herbal ingredients. They are also easy to make.
What Precautions Should Be Considered While Using Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is basically a safe ingredient for healthy hair. The oil is also safe for eating and can be used for making food items which protects you from increasing cholesterol levels and fats too. However, before using it in meals, it is important to consider the doses for safety. Yet, there are some precautions one needs to consider before using coconut oil.
The oil is basically safe for the pregnant women or breastfeeding women. Still, it is important to confirm with the doctor for safety measures. The oil can also be safely used for the children by applying it. Giving a massage to the infants with the oil or by mouth in the form of medicine is the best way to give the children a healthy beginning.
The oil cannot be used on regular basis for meals as there are chances of increase of the bad cholesterol, that can lead to serious health issues for the people having high cholesterol levels.
So, want to have that healthy and flawless hair again? Begin your natural therapy with coconut oil.
This post was last modified on December 30, 2018 4:31 am