Imported creams, instant face packs, facial kits… What of this are you trying to get that young, flawless and glowing skin? Nearly everything right! Dryness, harsh chemicals, dirt, polluted environment, excess oil, UV rays, etc. have been the biggest hurdles to glowing skin turning it to wrinkled and dry. To deal with such dry and wrinkled skin, all you need is to provide the skin with required hydration that would clean the skin providing it with a required glow. But why chemical-based packs? Let’s replace them with naturally ingredient DIY hydrating face mask for providing the skin with some nourishing care.
Effective Homemade DIY Hydrating Face Mask For Glowing Skin
The natural and homemade diy hydrating face mask ingredients are quite easily available in the kitchen itself. The list includes some popular ingredients like bananas, honey, yogurt, avocado, mangoes, turmeric, aloe vera, essential oils, etc. that help out the skin in various ways without any kind of side effects. Again, there are a variety of packs that can be used according to the skin texture you are having. Whether it is, oily or combined skin, the hydrating skin masks can be quickly made and used to obtain desired results.
Here are some widely used face masks you can easily make on your own for hydrating your skin according to your skin type.
For Dry Skin
1. Honey and Avocado Face Mask
Avocado is the prime ingredient with properties like hydration and moisturization. It has helped in restoring the dry skin and healing the damaged skin too. Also, honey mends the breakouts with its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. To make this magical pack, carry out the following process.
- Take a bowl and add 2tbsp of honey, 2tbsp of avocado, 2 tbsp of olive oil and a mashed mango.
- Mix all the ingredients well leaving zero lumps.
- Apply the mask on your face and allow it to rest for around 15 minutes.
- Take a warm cloth and wipe out the mask from the face.
The pack provides your skin with Vitamin B, Omega 3 Acids, Vitamin C, and lipids that soften the skin reducing the damages.
For Oily Skin
1. Oatmeal Milk Mask
This DIY moisturizing face mask not only provides you with hydration but also helps in fighting against acne and extra oil on the skin. The pack is also used for exfoliating the skin in a natural way that helps in to hold its moisture for a long time. Here is how to use the pack.
- Take around 3tbsp of dried oatmeal and blend them.
- While blending, add 1tbsp of milk and blend until you form a smooth paste.
- Add 1 tbsp of honey to the paste and mix well.
- Apply the blended paste on the face and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash the face well with normal water and pat dry using a soft towel.
You can also replace the milk with matcha powder or add crushed almonds and egg yolks for extra benefits.
For Combination Skin
1. Yogurt Turmeric Face Mask
Yogurt and Turmeric, when combined with Aloe Vera, make an amazing DIY hydrating face mask. The ingredients of the pack help with properties like antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, etc. that boost hydration for the skin. For using these ingredients, follow the steps below.
- Take a bowl and add 1tbsp of Greek yogurt.
- To the yogurt add other ingredients like 1tsp of honey, 1 tsp of Aloe Vera and ½ tsp of turmeric.
- Mix all the ingredients properly.
- Apply the mask to the face and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
- Wash away the face with normal water.
The pack is widely used as a healing pack for the skin with damaged skin cells and pores filled with dirt.
For Congested Skin
1. Potato Cucumber Face Mask
Simple and easy to make, this homemade hydrating face mask contains every ingredient that can be used for instant glow on face. The pack contains potatoes that help as an anti-inflammatory content that works magically on the wounds and bruises. To use the pack, follow the steps below.
- Take a white potato and one cucumber and grate them well.
- Take a bowl and combine both grated cucumber and potato.
- Add some rose water drops to the bowl.
- Add ¼ tsp of turmeric to the mixture and mix well.
- Blend all the ingredients well and apply on the face.
- Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes on the face.
- Take a warm cloth or normal water cloth and wipe off all the veggies from the face.
This hydrating mask also helps with Vitamin C that help in toning the skin and skin tightening it also.
Along with using a DIY hydrating face mask, one must also concentrate on regular exercises, limit the intake of alcohol, get required sleep, and have a balanced diet which would add in getting desired results for a lifetime.
So, ready to have that flawless and glowing look? Try some natural ingredients and prepare homemade packs and get some natural glow.
1. What ingredients are helpful for getting a glow on the dull skin?
Ans: For dull skin, using turmeric, ground coffee, yogurt, papaya, Aloe Vera, etc. would give you quick and effective results.
2. Can Cranberry face mask be used as a DIY hydrating face mask?
Ans: Adding dates, argan oil and oatmeal to the cranberry mask would help with properties like polyphenols and antioxidants that would hydrate the skin.
3. What can I add to honey and avocado mixture to make it more beneficial?
Ans: You can add rosehip seed oil to the mixture which would improve the texture of the skin and make the cellular walls strong for calming the skin giving you hydrated and glowing skin.
4. What are the benefits of including papaya in a face mask for glowing skin?
Ans: Papaya is the best ingredient for hyperpigmentation. They provide the skin with Vitamin C, enzymes that help in dissolving protein and Vitamin A that are essential for fighting against blemishes, dark spots, and other skin impurities that give glowing skin.