Some Quick Facts About The Lips
- Compared to the fingertips, the lips are 100 times more sensitive.
- As there are no sweat glands around the lips, they dry fast.
- The blood in the body gives the lips the color ranging from pink to red and many more.
- The lip scrubs help in removing the dead and dry skin from the lips giving it a smooth texture.
- Most of the products use sugar as an effective skin exfoliator, but there are other options too
- Lip balms and lip scrubs are much similar to each other.
- The lip scrubs contain particular products that help in exfoliation which makes them rough while touching.
- The lip scrubs not only work on the bad skin of the lips but the good one too making it healthier.
What Are Lip Scrubs? How Is It Beneficial For The Lips?
Is Lip Scrub something new to you? Don’t worry, you are not the only one. There are many people looking for DIY lip scrub which helps in exfoliating the lip skin and hydrating them too. For having healthy and smooth lips, it is important to exfoliate them on regular basis, and this is the time when the lip scrubs are used. Women generally walk to the beauty shops and look for lip balms, but scrubs come up with better results.
Are you also thinking to move to any shop and look for the best lip scrub? Why not think on the other side,how to make lip scrub? Yes, whether you are new to this concept or are already using the scrub, making lip scrub at home with all the natural ingredients is the best way to look after your lips naturally.
Yes, this might be surprising, but there are a number of lip scrub recipes which can be made easily at home from the ingredients that are available in your kitchen. The recipes not only save your time but also provide with required hydration, moisturization and exfoliation without any kind of side-effects.
Here are some of the delicious recipes of how to make lip scrub you might even want to taste while using.
1. Brown Sugar And Honey Lip Scrub
Hate that fruity taste of scrubs? Here is something which would ignore it. Honey and Brown sugar would help you with the best exfoliation with utmost smoothness. You can also add other ingredients like vanilla, olive oil, etc. for better results.
Here is how you can make and use this scrub.
- Take a bowl and add 1tbsp of brown sugar, 1 squirt of honey and 1 drop of vanilla in it.
- Mix all the ingredients properly to form a lump-free paste.
- Take the scrub and apply on the lips as you exfoliate them.
- After gently exfoliating, leave the scrub on the lips for few minutes.
- Rinse the lips using warm water.
- For re-hydration apply some lip balm on the lips.
The scrub can be stored in a glass jar for further use. Using this pack for around 2 times a week would bring out desired results.
2. Almond And Brown Sugar Lip Scrub
This DIY sugar lip scrub is the best for rejuvenating scrub for dead cells. Almond oil also helps in the prevention of rough lips. The brown sugar used in the scrub brings perfect exfoliation giving out long-term and magical results.
To use this scrub, you need to do the following:
- Take a bowl and 2tbsps of brown sugar, 1tbsp of honey and 1tbsp of almond oil.
- Mix all the ingredients as you stir to properly blend them.
- Take a small amount of the scrub and rub on your lips gently.
- Rinse off the sugar from the lips using water, allowing the almond oil to stay on the lips for hydrating them.
This is among the scrubs that can be used on daily basis. Doing so would provide you with pink rosy and smooth lips.
3. Coffee And Honey Lip Scrub
Are you looking for a DIY lip scrub without coconut oil? A perfect blend of coffee ground and honey is what would give you desired results. Coffee grounds are much popular for improving the health of the skin and when combined with honey, they are sure to give you amazing exfoliation results along with required moisturization.
Here is how you can use these two ingredients for an oil-free scrub.
- Take 1tbsp of coffee grounds and a similar quantity of honey.
- Mix both the ingredients in a bowl and stir properly.
- Tap this mixture on the lips.
- Massage the lips properly giving circular motions for 1 minute.
- Again, leave the mixture on the lips for 1 more minute.
- Wash the lips using warm water.
This combination not only hydrates the lips but moisturizes it too. For better results, use it twice a week.
4. Fruit And Oil Lip Scrub
Want that fruity flavor on your lips? This lip scrub recipe includes two queen fruits that not only scrub your lips but also add some refreshing experience. Kiwi would provide you with a smooth texture while strawberries would add some nutrients like vitamins and minerals for effective results.
Here is how you can make this scrub.
- Take out the puree from 1 strawberry and half kiwi.
- Take a bowl and add 6 tbsp of sugar and 2tbsp of olive oil in it.
- Stir the mixture properly.
- Blend the puree of strawberry and kiwi well in a blender.
- Add the puree to the sugar and oil mixture.
- Add around 2 drops of Vitamin E to the scrub mix.
- Mix all the ingredients and apply the scrub on your lips.
- With circular motions massage the lips for around 40 seconds.
- Let the sugar exfoliate the lips properly while the Vitamin E nourishes it.
- Rinse using warm water.
This fruity pack not only exfoliates the lips but also nourishes it well. The scrub is beneficial for those having dry lips or discolored lips.
5. Coconut Vanilla Lip Scrub
This DIY lip scrub ranks among the recipes including coconut oil in it. While coconut oil is popular for smoothening the cracked lips, sugar adds to the process of exfoliation of the dead and dry skin.
To use this pack, here is what you need to do.
- Take a bowl and 1tsp of coconut oil (virgin), 2tsp of sugar and ¼ tsp of vanilla extract.
- Combine all the ingredients well making a smooth yet scrubby paste.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and massage the lips with it gently.
- After a minute of massaging, wash away using warm water.
The secret behind adding vanilla to the paste is that vanilla helps in treating the sunburns on the lips providing them with deep nourishment, hydration and required freshness.
Apart from all these, some other ingredients you can use to make such magical DIY lush lip scrub recipes are orange peel, rose petals, milk, mint, chocolate, cinnamon, sea salt, shea butter, and many more. This means, for making the best lip scrub for your lips, you don’t have to search for the ingredients as they are all available in your own house.
So, no more blaming to the freezing weather for damaging your lips. Simply choose your ingredients and make your own lip scrub recipe to nourish your lips with natural color. Don’t forget to write to us your favorable DIY lip scrub or any of your successful experiments using natural ingredients.
This post was last modified on January 6, 2019 2:08 pm