Hibiscus for hair can help you fight with different hair problems like greying of hair, stop hair loss and many others. This article will help you understand the benefits of the hibiscus for hair and also provide you with the know-how on how to use the hibiscus to keep your healthy and beautiful. Hibiscus hair mask and other parts of the hibiscus are a great source of hydroxyl acids, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and other amino acids.
Let us now concentrate on what is hibiscus leaves good for and why hibiscus flower for hair is beneficial?
- It prevents premature greying of hair.
- It strengthens the roots and hair strands.
- It promotes deep conditioning of hair.
- It is god for all skin types and doesn’t cause any allergies.
- It maintains good health of sebaceous glands.
Below mentioned in this article are the different ways on how you can incorporate Hibiscus into your hair care routine.
Pro tip for usage of hibiscus flower for hair –Take hibiscus together remove the stalk and then churn them in a grinder to obtain the paste.
Hibiscus for Hair
1. Anti Dandruff Hair Mask of Hibiscus & Fenugreek
Things you need
- Hibiscus leaves
- Fenugreek seeds – 1tbsp
- Buttermilk – 1/4th Cup
How to Prepare?
- Soak the fenugreek seeds in water and keep it overnight.
- Next day, grind the soaked seeds into a smooth paste and then mix it with buttermilk
How to use?
- Take the prepared paste and then apply it on your scalp carefully. Start from the roots and gradually move towards the tips.
- Keep it for an hour
- Wash it off using a mild shampoo.
How does this Hibiscus hair mask work?
Fenugreek is a well-known ingredient to combat dandruff. When hibiscus is mixed with fenugreek it helps in cleansing of the scalp and at the same time facilitates removal of dandruff. Buttermilk adds shine to the hair. It is an efficient anti dandruff hair mask.
2. Anti Dandruff Hair Mask of Hibiscus & Mehendi
Things you need for this homemade hair mask
- Hibiscus leaves – A handful
- Hibiscus flowers – A handful
- Mehendi leaves – A handful
- Lemon – Half
How to prepare this homemade hair mask?
- Grind the three ingredients i.e. hibiscus leaves, flowers and mehendi leaves and mix together to form a paste
- Squeeze the lemon into this paste.
- Mix well to form a mixture with the smooth texture.
How to use this anti dandruff hair mask?
- Take the prepared paste and carefully apply it to your scalp.
- Start the application from the roots of your hair and then move down towards the tip.
- Leave this mask on your head for one hour.
- Wash it off with a mild shampoo.
How does this homemade hair mask work?
This hair mask counts as an anti dandruff hair mask for the fact that the hibiscus leaves and flowers have a strong property that cleanses your scalp and also maintains the pH of the scalp. This prevents the occurrence of dandruff and cleans the scalp as well. Mehendi, one of the important ingredients in this homemade hair mask deeply conditions the hair.
3. Hibiscus Hair Mask For Hair Growth
All you need for this hair growth mask
- Hibiscus flower – 6 to 7
- Hibiscus Leaves – 6 to 7
- Coconut Oil – 3/4th cup
How to prepare this hibiscus hair mask?
- Grind the flowers and leaves together to obtain a smooth paste.
- Take the oil in a deep pan and heat it. To the heated oil add the ground paste and mix well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and switch off the flame. Keep the oil covered till it cools down.
How to use this hair growth mask?
- Apply the prepared mixture of hibiscus hair mask directly on the scalp.
- Cover the head towel and let the mask stay for half an hour.
- Later wash it off with a mild shampoo
How does this hair growth mask work?
This oil provides the scalp with the essential nutrients that promote hair growth. Hibiscus leaves for hair growth present in this hair growth mask increases and improves the blood circulation to the scalp. This mask can also be used as hibiscus for grey hair and prevent greying of hair.
4. How To Use Hibiscus Powder For Hair?
Using hibiscus leaves and a flower is anytime a better option. However, it is not possible for all to get their hands on hibiscus flower and leaves to make hibiscus hair mask. Not to worry, there is a solution to this too. You can make use of hibiscus powder for hair these days easily available in stores.
This hair mask can be used as a hibiscus for grey hair mask too.
All you need
- Hibiscus podwer – as per requirement and length of your hair.
- Tea or water
- Coconut oil – 1tbsp
- Coconut Milk
How to prepare and use hibiscus powder for hair mask?
- Add the hibiscus powder to the water or tea and mix it well.
- Let this mixture undisturbed for few minutes.
- Now add coconut oil, coconut milk and yoghurt to the mixture and form a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture to your scalp.
- Let it set on your hair for 30 minutes and then wash it off using the mild shampoo and lukewarm water.
5. Hibiscus Flower For Hair With Amla and Hibiscus Leaves
All you need for this hibiscus hair mask
- Hibiscus flower – 3tbsp, crushed
- Hibiscus leaves – 3 tbsp, crushed
- Amla powder – 3tbsp
How to prepare this hibiscus flower for hair mask?
- Mix all the mentioned ingredients together and form a consistent paste. Add water if needed.
- Take this mixture and apply on your scalp.
- Completely cover your hair with this hibiscus hair mask and let it stay for 45 minutes.
- Later, rinse with lukewarm water and a mild shampoo.
How this hibiscus flower for hair mask works?
- It conditions the hair.
- Nourishes scalp and provides nourishment to the hair follicles.
- They result in continued use of this mask gives thick and healthy hair.
6. How to Make a Shampoo Using Hibiscus Leaves For Hair Growth?
- Hibiscus leaves – 15
- Hibiscus flower – 15
- Water – 1 cup
- Gram flour – 1tbsp
How to prepare?
- Boil the leaves and flower in water for 5 minutes.
- Keep it aside and let it cool down
- After the mixture has cooled down add the gram flour to it.
- Your shampoo is now ready.
- Replace your shampoo with this and wash your hair.
How does this work?
- The leaves of hibiscus produce lather and hence act as a cleanser and used in the preparation of the shampoo.
- It also nourishes the scalp.
Hibiscus has magical properties. Hence when used regularly as per your necessity and hair type it can do wonders for your hair. Follow the above-mentioned ideas and hair masks to easily incorporate hibiscus in your daily life and benefit from it. For everything that happens naturally needs time to show its effect. Same happens in this case. Keep the use consistent and wait for the results. The results won’t be visible within a week or two but you’ll definitely notice a change in the texture.
This post was last modified on December 30, 2018 1:58 pm