Beauty of the skin is what many women are concerned about. Looking beautiful and being beautiful are the major concerns of every girl. Every girl always wants to look fresh and beautiful with all the ways she can. Beauty of the face largely depends upon the beauty of the skin. If your skin looks dull and is full of acne and pimples then it is a great set back for your beautiful looks. Open pores on skin – either small or large – are equally dangerous enemies of beauty and are an unwanted thing which needs to be hidden away.
If these pores are left for long time they can also lead to acne and blackheads. Hence they are the major concern with people with oily skin. Pollution and dirt from atmosphere resides on the pores and clogs there. As a result blackheads make the situation worse, as it tends to make pores more visible and makes it visibly larger in size. In this article we will take a look at some useful natural home remedies using which you can get rid of the Open Pores on the skin.
Causes For Open Pores
Before we look at the remedies, lets have a close look at some of the causes of open pores. There are several causes behind open pores and must be taken care of –
- Pores are caused due to the prolonged exposure to sunlight as it damages the collagen and as a result reduces the elasticity of the walls of the pores.
- With the growing age, the skin becomes less elastic and it loses elasticity. Pores opens up more and become larger in size with the age.
- Some times these pores may be genetically transferred.
- Poor skin care or stress also results in the pores to grow in size.
Now-a-days there are lots of cosmetic and expensive products to deal with these pores but most of them do not provide full proof solution. Moreover they may have certain side effects on the skin and are usually not recommended.
Before we make any investment on these chemical products we should try some of the basic and home remedies for curing these pores. As pores are natural part of body we should be dealing with it naturally.
Home Remedies For Open Pores
Ice is one of the simplest and most effective ways of shrinking these pores. It is because of its skin tightening effect. Ice also promotes blood circulation and makes skin healthier.
- Take some ice cubes and rub it on the pores gently for few minutes.
- Repeat this process daily during the morning and before going to sleep.
- It will slowly close the open pores naturally.
- Wash the face and skin with ice cold water.
- You need to splash the ice cold water on your face for few minutes and pat dry using a clean towel.
- Regularly follow this process to get rid of open pores.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
This ingredient works as a natural skin toner and astringent. Hence it reduces the skin pores and tightens the skin and also it maintains the skin pH balance. The solution also has antibacterial properties which reduces acne.
- Mix equal quantity of apple cider vinegar and water.
- Leave a cotton pad in this solution and apply it on the open pores directly.
- Keep it for few minutes and rinse your face thoroughly with normal water.
For best results it is recommended to use this at night after cleaning the face. Night time is the best time for any beauty remedies as your skin is not exposed to dust and harmful rays of the sun. The skin gets enough time to heal itself.
3. Egg Whites
Egg white can also be used to shrink the pores and tighten the skin. The mask of egg white is very useful to remove the excess oil from the skin and keep it free from blackheads and open pores.
- Break one egg and extract the white portion of it.
- Whisk the egg white and spread it evenly over the face.
- Keep it on the face till it dries completely and rinse thoroughly with water.
After applying the egg white, it is recommended to cover the skin with tissue paper and then peel off after it is dried completely. This acts as a face tightening mask.
- Extract two egg whites and whip it along with the lemon juice.
- Apply the mix on the face and leave it till it dries completely.
- Rinse thoroughly with cold water and pat dry.
- Follow this process 2-3 times in a week till you see significant difference in the open pores.
4. Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrub can be of great help in reducing the pores and tighten the skin. It also removes the impurities and dirt and also the excess oil.
- Take two tablespoon of sugar, one tea spoon of olive oil and few drops of lemon juice and mix it properly.
- Gently apply the mix all over the face and leave it for 2 minutes.
- Take water in your hands and pat on the surface of the face.
- Scrub the mix gently on the face for at least 10 minutes and rinse with cold water.
- The process needs to be repeated twice or thrice in a week for better and fast results.
Steam is one of the best ways to reduce open pores and remove the dirt deposited in the pores.
- Take water in a container and bring it to boiling point.
- Now cover your head with a towel and expose your face to the steam.
- Try to take the steam for 5 to 10 minutes till your face turns red.
- Wash your face thoroughly with ice cold water for few minutes.
- You can also rub ice cubes on the face after a thorough rinse.
- This will help to clean and close the open pores naturally.
Follow this process 1-2 times in a month. Do not steam your face frequently as it may lead to further aggravation of open pores.
6. Gram Flour
Gram flour is very useful to close the open pores and it also gives you a fresh and flawless skin. It has tightening effect on the skin as well as skin lightening properties as well.
- Take 1 tablespoon of gram flour and add a pinch of turmeric, a teaspoon of curd and few drops of rose water.
- Mix all the ingredients well and apply it on the face.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Use wet hands to scrub this mix on the face for 2-3 minutes and finally rinse the face thoroughly with cold water.
This process needs to be followed 2-3 times in a week for effectiveness.
Tomato juice is also very helpful to close open pores.
- Take one fresh tomato and cut it into two halves.
- Rub one half of the tomato slice on the open pores and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face thoroughly with cold water.
- Repeat this process regularly during the night time for increased effectiveness.
- Blend a tomato and extract the fresh juice from it.
- Soak a cotton ball in this juice and apply it on the open pores.
- Leave it for few minutes and rinse with cold water. Pat dry.
Cucumber juice also has skin tightening property and is great for open pores.
- Cut few slices of cucumber and blend them thoroughly.
- Collect the fresh juice from it and add few drops of rose water to the juice.
- Soak a cotton ball in this mix and apply it on the open pores.
- Leave it till it dries completely and rinse with cold water.
- This process can be followed daily till the open pores are not visible at all.
Sandalwood is excellent for open pores and has cooling effect on the skin. It also has skin tightening effect and gives a flawless texture to the skin.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sandalwood powder and add a pinch of turmeric powder to it.
- Add sufficient water to make a thin paste out of it.
- Apply this paste on the face and leave it till it dries completely and falls off.
- Wash your face with ice cold water and pat dry.
You can also use sandalwood sticks and use them on a mortar to get fresh sandalwood paste. Apply the same on the open pores.
10. Fruit Treat
Fruits like oranges, apples, bananas, grapes and papaya are excellent for the face. They not only close the open pores but also gives you a natural glow.
- You can extract the juice or pulp of any of these fruits and apply it directly on the face.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse thoroughly with normal water.
- Pat dry with clean towel.
Regularly following this process will help to close the open pores and makes your face flawless. Do not try all the fruits in one day. You can give a chance to different fruits in alternate days.
Open pores are a common problem and hence it is essential to protect your skin and face from the harmful effects of UV rays and also from dust and pollution. However, follow our simple home remedies to get rid of this problem in a natural way. In case you do not see any difference then you can visit a dermatologist and get the necessary skin treatments.
We hope this article will help you to get rid of open pores easily. You can share your valuable suggestion and feedback in our comments section.