You must be familiar with makeup removing creams and cleansers. But have you ever tried oil to remove your makeup? Here are a few ways to use oil and take off your makeup. You can now keep aside all those chemicals you have been using up till now and switch to these more natural options.
Your skin requires oil in the right proportion. When it lacks this natural oil, the skin produces oil by itself in order to compensate for this loss. This will lead to blackheads and other skin breakouts for those whose skin is already oily and for those who have sensitive or dry this will make it even drier and cause irritation.
Thereby, when you make use of oil to wash your face, the dirty oils get dissolved and does not strip your skin of the natural oils you need. This is much simpler and not as expensive as getting those high-end makeup removers. Also, through oil cleansing you can remove your mascara, eyeliner, foundation and all your makeup in one go.
Let’s Know How to Remove Makeup With Oils
Have a look at these natural oils that you can start using to get rid of makeup.
1. Castor Oil and Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
Castor oil is produced from the castor bean and has anti-bacterial properties. This is a great cleanser for your skin. However, the quantity that you use should be based on the type of your skin. Olive oil contains anti-ageing oxidants. It suits all skin types. Extra-virgin olive oil contains a bigger proportion of the natural vitamins and minerals that are there in olives. Antioxidants like vitamins A and E are found in this oil. It acts as a moisturizer to the skin, keeps it smooth and protects the skin by acting as a shield.
Those who have normal must go for a 1:1 ratio of castor oil to extra-virgin olive oil. Those with oily skin can stick to a 3:1 ratio of the same and for those whose skin is dry a 1:3 ratio will be the best.
You can also use jojoba oil, avocado oil or almond oil instead of extra-virgin olive oil. Jojoba oil may be used by those with any skin type. However, avocado oil is best for those with dry skin and almond oil works wonders for the oily skin type.
- Make a blend with the oils you have in the right quantity. Mix these well together and pour into a glass jar that has a lid in order to store it.
- Take a small amount of oil and rub in onto your skin. Keep adding more oil as required and gently massage on your skin. Continue this for almost one minute.
- If at all you have eye makeup or mascara on, you can rub a small amount of oil on your eyelids softly. This will help you to remove any kind of makeup.
- Wet the clean washcloth using warm water. Squeeze the cloth so that there is no water dripping and leave it over your face for around one This, in turn, enables removal of impurities and also clears the pores. Following this, wipe away any oil that is remaining on your face using the washcloth
Let’s see here Benefits of Lavender Oil for Beauty!
2. Jojoba Oil
This oil is extracted from the jojoba plant’s seed. It is pale and is the color of honey. This can also be used as an incredible makeup remover. However, you require a very less quantity of the oil to remove makeup from your entire face.
- Use a cotton ball and add just about three to four drops of the oil onto it.
- Wipe over the makeup using this cotton ball.
- Very gently wipe over the eye shadow, blush, concealer and foundation.
- You could press slightly harder over your lipstick.
- Allow the oil to hydrate your skin by naturally soaking in.
Once you remove the makeup, you do not have to wash the oil away from your face as it is a natural product and is safe as well. Jojoba oil has a moisturizing effect.
3. Almond Oil
If you want to remove makeup with oils then Almond is the best solution. It is easily available too. Almond oil is an antioxidant and it is of great help in reducing aging signs and sun damage if any. It is completely chemical free and contains nothing that can harm your skin. If you use this oil as your makeup remover you will not have to apply much pressure. Pulling your skin can harm and may even cause fine lines to appear. However, if you choose to use almond oil, you will not have to pull or tug your skin. It will not leave an oily residue on the skin. Almond oil will also help you to get rid of dirt and other impurities on your skin. For those with dry skin, almond oil is the perfect solution.
- Pour the required amount of oil onto your palm and massage over your face very gently. You may focus on the area around your eyes. Take a cotton ball and moisten it using rose water. You can even use plain water instead of rose water. Use this cotton ball gently to wipe off the makeup.
- You could use some extra oil on the area around your are if you have used waterproof mascara.
- Following this, you can wash your face using lukewarm water.
- You can even choose to add a couple of drops of almond oil onto a tissue or a cotton ball and use it to remove the makeup off your face.
In this case, you do not have to wash it away once you are done removing the makeup because almond oil has incredible effects on your skin. You can let the oil be on your face and see the magic for yourself. It hydrates your skin and also gives you relief from symptoms of some skin problems.
So pick the one that suits your skin the best and try it out. These natural oils will not only help you remove your make up but will also make your skin cleaner and healthier. You will begin to glow like never before!
This post was last modified on January 1, 2019 7:43 pm