Have you ever thought what was used in the ancient times for washing and nourishing hair? Yes, that’s correct what you are thinking. Since centuries, fruits, stem, seeds, barks and leaves are used to make homemade organic packs also known as shampoos. Also, known as the Ayurvedic packs, they help in the growth and maintenance of your health in a natural way.
However, now the Ayurvedic ingredients are replaced with shampoos which contain chemicals which are pretty sure to damage your hair to a great extent. They might give you instant results, but if you go for long term benefits, they result to damaging the roots of the hair. The polluted atmosphere also helps the chemical shampoos in giving adverse results.
Thinking about how to deal with all these disastrous results? The best solution is to make a natural organic shampoo at your home. Yes, you can make a pack or say shampoo at your own selecting the natural ingredients for all your hair remedies. To make the best organic shampoo at home, all you need is Indian gooseberry (amla), reetha (soap nuts) and shikakai which are easily available in the nearby stores. These ingredients are the best components that work magically on the hair with a mild touch. They help the hair to grab their natural oil and texture to give you healthy and shining look. Before we commence with the procedure to make the Natural Organic Shampoo, let’s have a quick look at the benefits the ingredients consist of.
Benefits of Using Amla
- The pulp of amla is rich in fatty acids which help the hair to maintain its moisture. It also helps to get rid of dry scalp and dandruff giving your hair a healthy base.
- A healthy hair growth requires the shelter of proteins, minerals, vitamins and flavonoids, and amla is full of all these natural blessings. It also helps in hair loss problems.
- Amla is filled with several antioxidants which would strengthen the roots of your hair. It works as a conditioner giving your hair natural bounce and shine.
Benefits of Using Shikakai
- Shikakai is the best fruit for the dull hair. It contains low pH value which helps to restore the natural oils in your hair to make it healthy.
- It works on reducing the hair loss by giving it utmost strength. The conditioning factor in the shikakai also increases the volume of your hair.
- It prevents your scalp from any kind of serious infections and dandruff which may damage your scalp.
Benefits of Using Reetha(Soap Nuts)
- Reetha carries components like saponins which is a natural cleaner. The use of Reetha would gently clean the scalp and remove the dirt and microorganisms to prevent any infections. As it is a natural surfactant without any chemical, it also avoids irritation on the scalp.
- It is used to nourish the hair from its roots giving it a smooth and healthy texture.
- It also actively works on dandruff and lice problems if used regularly.
Procedure to Make the Miraculous Amla, Reetha and Shikakai Natural Organic Shampoo
- Take nearly 10 grams of shikakai, 10 grams of reetha and 5 grams of amla.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and pour 750 ml of water in it. Soak the ingredients for minimum 8 hours.
- Heat the mixture on a medium flame till it boils. Reduce the flame and allow it to boil for 5 more minutes.
- Switch off the heat and allow the water to ferment for nearly half an hour. You can add water to it if necessary.
- When the mixture settles to the room temperature, crush the reetha, amla and shikakai with your hand peeling the skins apart.
- Strain in another vessel.
Here you are with an easy process to make the shampoo within a short time span. However, these days no one has sufficient time to carry the process every time you plan to wash the hair. To store the shampoo, you can make it and freeze the mixture in the ice cubes. This would preserve the mixture properly. When planning to wash the hair, remove required cubes few minutes before to allow it to return to the actual texture.
How to Use the Natural Organic Shampoo?
1. Process for Oily Hair
If you have oiled your hair prior washing them, you need to make one more pack using Multani Mitti also known as Fuller’s Earth and Yogurt. Make a pack using 1 tbsp of Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) and 6-7 tbsp of yogurt. Apply the mixture to the hair and wash away after 10-15 minutes. Now use the organic shampoo and wash your hair rinsing it thoroughly.
2. Process for Dry Hair
For dry hair, add 1 tbsp of fenugreek seeds while making the shampoo. Massage the shampoo into your scalp with gentle fingertips moving from the scalp to the hair ends. Let the mixture settle for few minutes. Wash with a regular process similar to that of shampoo.
The organic shampoo would leave your hair with natural shine, bounce, smoothness and healthy hair. Hence, you will not require any conditioner with chemicals. For better results, you can apply a small amount of almond oil or coconut oil to the hair except the roots and scalp. This would increase the softness of the hair making it silky and manageable.
Points to be Kept in Mind
- In case amla is not suitable to your hair and scalp, you can replace it with orange peel or lemon peel. Make sure you don’t use all three together. The result would be dryness.
- It is advisable to soak amla, reetha and shikakai for 24 hours for better results making the pack strong.
- The organic shampoo would not give you lathers as other shampoos do, hence, don’t worry if you don’t see lather while washing.
- The Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth) can be replaced with Rhassoul clay or Besan.
- The fenugreek seeds can be replaced with marshmallow for dry hair.
- For women with blond hair, avoid using shikakai and amla as they darken your hair. So, if you don’t want to change your hair color, use the only reetha along with marshmallow roots, horsetail herb, fenugreek seeds, nettle leaves or licorice root. All these ingredients are easily available and work similar to shikakai and amla to moisturize your hair and scalp, removes excess oil from the hair, conditions and strengthens your hair from the roots.
- If you haven’t used the natural organic ingredients before, carry a minor patch test to check for any kind of allergy or reactions.
- For naturally dry hair, you may use hibiscus powder to condition your hair or even a mild conditioner.
Reviews or Positive Results Observed by the Users
- The primary result the users have experienced is related to the hair loss faced after and during washing the hair. The users claim that they have noticed less hair fall as compared to using chemical hair shampoos.
- As the components of the organic shampoo are natural hair cleaners, they dramatically remove the dirt and oil completely from the hair.
- The components of the shampoo are capable enough to separate the hair strands giving your hair amazing volume.
- Only in one wash, you will achieve new shine in your hair. It also makes them healthy.
- The chemical shampoos only give you temporary smoothness, but the organic homemade shampoo will treat you for a lifelong smoothing effect.
Hope you liked our DIY tips on hair care and you will try making the Natural Organic Shampoo at home. Please share this article on Social Media with your friends to help spread the good word.