The month of April denotes the heated summer season. Summer means the season of mangoes, jackfruits and watermelons. Summer means the season of long vacations to hill stations. Summer means the season of caps, hats and sunglasses. And needless to say, summer also means the season of tan, oily skin and related skin problems.
We cannot restrict ourselves at home and avoid the skin problems. The harsh sun rays affect our skin and hair adversely. Our skin becomes tanned, and experience skin eruptions in the form of acne, blemishes, boils, rashes and dark spots. Even our hair becomes oily, and experience rapid loss.
Summer calls for a daily and stringent beauty care regime. You need to take care of your body, skin, eyes, lips, and hair. Let us check out some of the useful skin care tips, particularly during summer. These tips will offer you with a clear, problem-free and glowing skin throughout the scorching heat of summer.
Summer Skin Care Tips
1. ‘Don’t Go Out in the Sun’
It sounds amusing but avoids the sun as much as you can. You should go out only when the situation demands. Preferably, travel in a closed vehicle. Do not walk for long during summers as it damages our health too. Even if you have to go out, cover yourself properly with white clothes so that your skin is not directly exposed to harsh UV rays. Preferably use white clothes during outings since white color is cool compared to other colors.
2. Water – the Elixir in Summer!
Be particular about how may litres of water you drink in a day. As per health care experts, your water intake should be around 8-9 glasses a day. Moreover, you need to drink tender coconut water, fresh fruit juices, sugarcane juice, healthy sherbets, etc. during the summer season. However, do not drink juices or sherbets that are sold outside. Similarly, avoid drinking aerated or soft drinks. They make you feel better for some time but in longer run they are harmful for your body.
3. The Summer Diet
Your summer diet must consist of fresh fruits, salads such as cucumbers, vegetables, etc. Eat seasonal fruits. Due to this diet, your skin receives sufficient nutrients, water content and fibre. As a result, it becomes healthy and radiant. Cut off junk food and outside food that is cooked in unhygienic places. When we go out, we tend to drink juices or sherbets that are made at the local hotels. Avoid it completely. You may try to carry a bottle filled with fresh fruit juice with you in case you feel thirsty.
Here we bring for you some summer skin care tips on how to look after your skin during summer.
4. It’s a Sunny Day
If you have to go out in the sun, always use a natural sunscreen 15 minutes before you step out of the house. Cover your face with a stole to protect your face from harsh sun rays. You may also use an umbrella if your feel comfortable. Men can wear caps or hats. Carry a water bottle to avoid drinking outside water and to prevent oneself from dehydration.
Daily Skin Care Regime
- Always cleanse, tone and moisturise the skin twice a day.
- If you feel that your skin has become oily, wash the face immediately with a good cleanser.
- Use aloe vera or sandalwood face washes.
- Use natural lip balms for lips.
- Have a clean bath every day to avoid body odour and excessive sweating. In case you sweat more, have a bath again after returning home to remove the full-day stress.
- Use deodorants that are not allergic to your skin. Also, use summer cool or prickly heat talc on daily basis to fight boils and rashes. It will also keep you refreshed throughout the day.
Treatment for Skin Problems During Summer Season
Our skin witnesses several problems in summer such as tanning, rashes, boils, acne, prickly heat, acne and excessive oily skin. We have provided certain home-made remedies for resolving these skin concerns.
1. The Anti-Tan Face Packs
- Mix a spoon of sandalwood powder and multani mitti into rose water. Also, add a spoon of oatmeal powder in it. Apply this paste on the face for nearly 15-20 minutes and then, wash off with cold water.
- Take little quantity of powdered red lentils and add a spoon of almond powder into it. Mix this paste with cucumber juice and apply it on the face for 15 minutes.
If you are looking for Best Clay Masks to Try This Summer then click here for more details…
2. The Refreshing Face Pack
Mix equal quantities of watermelon juice and carrot juice. Add a spoon of honey for the extra softness of the skin. If you want, squeeze lemon into the mixture. This will be like a liquid and not thick as a pack. Apply this solution on the face for 10 minutes and wash it off with cold water. It is the best cooling and moisturising face solution.
3. The Anti-Sun Face Pack
Take one spoon of buttermilk and watermelon juice. Add almond powder and oatmeal powder into the mixture to form a paste. Apply on the face for 10 minutes and wash off with water. It will reduce tan and sunburnt skin after repeated applications.
4. Pack to Get Rid of Boils and Prickly Heat
If you can find holy basil leaves at home or at the flower vendor, then get hold of at least 8-10 leaves. Take 4-5 neem (Indian Lilac) leaves. Grind the leaves in a mixer and add cucumber juice to it. Apply this paste to the affected areas or boils for some time and wash it off. Repeat this process till you observe the results.
5. Natural Face Care Products in Summer
- Apply buttermilk or curd on the face as the time permits to remove tan and lighten the skin tone.
- If you want to cleanse or tone your face, then dab cotton balls into cucumber juice or watermelon juice and apply on face and neck for cooling impact.
- Normally, massages are not needed in summer. If you really want one, then use coconut or olive oil.
- Rose water is an excellent natural cleanser-cum-coolant for the skin.
- If you want to get rid of pores and acne scars, then circulate a cube of ice wrapped in face towel over the face.
Do you want to know How to Use Rose Water and Glycerine to Enhance Beauty of Skin? Read on…
6. Summer Spa at Home
- You may out leaves of holy basil or neem in your bath bucket filled with water.
- While having a bath, squeeze lemon juice into the bath water. It will lighten the skin tone and remove excessive oil out of the skin.
- You may prepare body packs for having a bath. A simple one would be to mix sandalwood powder into rose water and applying the paste all over the body. It will reduce body odour and excess sweat from the body.
7. Cooling Summer Spa
Take equal quantities of sandalwood powder, neem powder, almond powder and oatmeal powder. Add cucumber juice into it. Alternatively, you may also use rose water, watermelon juice or rose water. Splashing rose water or cucumber juice all over the body gives a soothing and cooling effect in the summer season.
This spa treatment at home will not only calm down the body heat but will also help in solving skin problems such as acne, rashes, sunburn skin and other concerns. Neem will fight against all skin problems. Almonds will provide sufficient nourishment. Sandalwood powder will remove the unwanted body smell.
Thus, the skin challenges in summer can be overcome by adhering to a strict beauty care regime, proper diet intake and application of coolants and face packs. Always prefer natural ingredients instead of the artificial ones available in the cosmetic stores. The packs given above are prepared from natural substances that are readily available at home. You need to invest time and effort in preparing and applying them. It will definitely result in soft, radiant and beautiful skin that is free from problems.
Hope you loved reading our tips and tricks. If you enjoyed reading this article then please share your useful feedback in the comments section below. Also share this article with your friends on social media.
Have a happy summer time!
This post was last modified on January 2, 2019 6:17 pm