In the earlier article we have discussed the benefits of green tea and its uses. This article gives you a detailed illustration of the usage of green tea for weight loss. Are you a green tea liker? Then its a simple and easiest way to lose your weight effectively.
How Does Green Tea Help In Weight Loss?
- Nowadays green tea is considered to be an effective product in losing weight. Drinking green tea for weight loss is an excellent remedy without any diet restrictions.
- Green tea is void of calories, boosts your metabolism and helps in burning energy.
- It acts as a substitute for other calorie-rich beverages, helps in weight loss.
- Caffeine content in green tea helps in the fat burning process.
- Taking green tea before exercising helps to burn fat 17 % more when compared to the one who is not consuming green tea.
- Green tea is a beneficial drink as it burns abdominal fat which is strongly linked with heart disease, diabetes, inflammation.
How To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Losing weight by having green tea is based on the amount of consumption. It is mandatory to have 2 to 3 cups per day where each cup has 200 mg of catechins.
- The second thing is about the quality of it. Drinking regular green tea is not as efficacious as taking extracts of green tea for weight loss.
- Then comes the brewing technique. Over boiling leads to catechins damage. Our previous article mentions the correct preparation method of green tea. The exact method has to be followed as it gives you many beneficial effects.
- Green tea becomes the best substitute for other rich calorie beverages like sweetened coffees, sodas, regular tea etc., This gives you an added effect in your weight loss program and also helps to maintain the energy levels, burns fat which makes you fit!
- The quality of the green tea also matters. Always prefer the branded green tea which is more effective.
Mechanism Of Green Tea For Weight Loss?
Green tea performs two mechanisms for weight loss. It involves the inhibition of lipolysis and an increase in the metabolism. These two processes help in losing weight.
Inhibition Of Lipolysis –
Lipolysis is the mechanism which involves in the break down of dietary fats named triglycerides, helps in the absorption of fat. Green tea inhibits lipolysis which in turn inhibits the break down of triglycerides preventing the absorption of fat.
Speeds Up Metabolism –
Metabolism is a collective chemical reaction where the food is utilized in the form of energy and also burns the calorie. The presence of catechins in green tea inhibits catechol-O-methyl transferase (COMT) enzyme thereby speeds up the metabolism and steps up in calorie burn.
How To Prepare Green Tea For Weight Loss?
Preparing a perfect green tea involves few steps. There are various methods available for green tea preparation. You can also add other flavoured ingredients to add upon taste and aroma. Let us have a look at the detailed description of green tea preparation.
1. Green Tea Preparation With Tea Bags
- Preparing green tea using green tea bags are the easiest and convenient method for many people.
- This green tea preparation can be done at any place as the green tea bags are portable and its available at shops.
- It just requires a cup of hot water.
- Heat the water in a pan. Don’t allow the water to boil.
- Make sure the temperature is about 80 – 85 degree and it should not exceed above 90 degree.
- Place the stainless steel bag in another cup.
- Now pour the hot water into the cup containing green tea bag.
- Then close the cup with a lid.
- Seep the bag into the hot water and leave it for 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes, remove the green tea bag.
- Now your refreshing green tea drink is ready to serve.
- Enjoy your drink!
2. Preparation Of Green Tea With Powder
- Green tea powder is available in shops which can be used in the preparation of green tea.
- Heat water in a pan. As we suggest, the temperature should be about 80 degrees.
- Higher the temperature, the more it tastes bitter.
- Take green tea powder in a cup.
- Pour the hot water into it and leave it for 3 minutes.
- Have a taste of it within 1 1/2 minutes to check the flavour.
- If it is not strong enough, leave it for 3 minutes to complete.
- Now you can notice the color change.
- The green tea turns brown and it is ready to serve.
- Filter it and have a sip in a serving cup.
- You can also add honey if you prefer. But it’s mandatory to avoid it for weight loss program.
3. Green Tea Preparation With Leaves
- Preparing green tea with its leaves is the normal procedure which we follow at home.
- This preparation involves few steps.
- Heat the water in a pan in a mentioned temperature of 85 degrees.
- Stop heating the water before it boils.
- If it starts boiling, allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Now add one teaspoon of green tea leaves to a cup of hot water.
- Or take the leaves in a strainer and place it in a cup containing hot water.
- Let the leaves steep there for 3 minutes.
- Check the taste in an interval of 35 to 40 seconds.
- Take the strainer containing green tea leaves out of the hot water when your desired taste arrives.
- Now enjoy your cup of green tea.
Green Tea Ideas
Add more green tea in your diet to have a healthy and fit life! Here comes some of the suggestions of green tea variants which aids in weight loss. Green tea for weight loss is a good choice.
1. Lemon Green Tea
- Lemon – Lemon eliminates your belly fat. It also helps to detoxify your liver, assists in proper function and helps to lose weight by burning fat. It doesn’t have a direct effect in losing your weight but it speeds up your metabolism.
- Lemon green tea is free of calories. It boosts up metabolism and burns fat.
- Having 3 cups of lemon green tea daily shows a tremendous improvement in your fitness.
2. Green Tea With Lemon And Ginger
- Green tea with lemon and ginger gives an added effect in your weight loss program.
- Heat the water and don’t boil it.
- Seep green tea leaves in it.
- Now squeeze half a lemon into it.
- Also, add a tablespoon of grated ginger to this concoction.
- Let it be for fifteen minutes and filter it.
- Enjoy your lemon and ginger green tea along with honey (optional) for taste.
3. Matcha Green Tea
- Matcha green tea is rich in antioxidant property and health-promoting beverage when compared with the ordinary one.
- Studies suggest that EGCG in matcha green tea promotes weight loss by boosting up your metabolism when compared with other green tea.
Preparation of Macha Green Tea
- Have 2 teaspoons of macha powder in a bowl.
- Heat water in a pan and make sure it should not exceed above 90 degrees.
- Add this hot water to macha powder in the bowl.
- Whisk this mixture vigorously to have a frothy green tea.
- Now your macha green tea is ready to taste and enjoy your drink!
People Also Ask For
1. How much green tea for weight loss?
You can have 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily for better results.
2. Which is the best time to have green tea?
Is at the early morning before exercising, acts as a stimulant in boosting up your energy and burns fat. Some nutritionists also suggest having it after breakfast and lunch where you have a higher metabolic rate. This gives you an additional effect in boosting up your metabolism and helps in digestion.
3. By consuming the green tea, how much weight can we lose?
You can lose an average of 2.9 pounds by 3 months even by sticking to their regular diets.
4. Which type of green tea is good for the weight reduction protocol?
Choose matcha green tea, as it is the richest source of nutrients and anti-oxidants.
5. Can we use green tea bags for preparation?
Yes, use these bags for green tea preparation for upto 6 months, as it holds the anti-oxidant property till then.
Apart from weight loss, green tea also has several health benefits. Gain benefits by consuming the green tea by the right mode of preparation and its usage.
This post was last modified on December 14, 2018 6:19 am