The much-awaited monsoon has finally arrived. It brings in a sense of great relief as the country was reeling under the effect of sultry and humid weather conditions. While the monsoons bring a great respite from the unbearable heat of the summer season, it also brings in the need of some extra care for skin, hair and overall health.
The immunity level of the body lowers during the monsoon. The body becomes prone to a number of water-borne diseases. Therefore, the rainy season calls for being attentive towards one’s health in all aspects. The onset of monsoon also asks for the change in one’s skincare regime as the weather conditions tend to change drastically. The rainy season leads to the unpredictable behaviour of the skin. Sometimes, your skin would appear oily and at other times, it might appear dehydrated and stretched. With such variations in skin texture, there is a high need to adopt a proper skincare routine that fulfils the purpose of your skin and keeps it supple.
How to Take Care of Your Skin During Monsoon?
As the weather changes, there are some changes in the human body as well including the skin and hair. It is imperative to take good care of one’s skin during the rainy season by following a proper skin regime. If the oil in your skin or the dryness of the same is creating problems for you, then you must take care of the same at the earliest to avoid any nasty scars and other problems.
Here are some skincare tips for the girls out there during the monsoon. Have a read!
Monsoon Skin Care Tips : for Dry Skin Type
The rainy season affects different individuals in unique manners depending on the texture of their skin. Therefore, you would need to take special care as per the type of your skin during the rainy season. The intense dryness of the skin is due to the result of lack of the essential vitamins in the body. This leads to a dry, patchy and dull skin. Dull skin is also caused as a result of proper hydration in the body due to consumption of less water on a daily basis. This skin problem might get worsened during the monsoons.
If you wish to impart a glowing and healthy skin that appears as fresh as the rain drops, then here are some quick tips:
- Drink as much water as you can on a daily basis. Drinking ample amount of water daily not only keeps your skin hydrated, at the same time, it also offers a myriad of health benefits. Many of us do not like to consume water at regular intervals due to the fear of frequent urination. However, you must realize that urination is the key to healthy skin and body. As the body tends to urinate a lot, most of the body toxins get eliminated from the system. As a result, you are left with glowing skin that is free from any acne or blemishes.
- Follow a cleansing routine to release your skin from its dry state. You must try to follow the cleansing regime at least once a day, preferably before bedtime. Go for selecting a clean-based cleansing agent that washes away all the dirt from the skin properly. If you wish to go organic, then honey could be the best natural cleansing agent for your skin. Mix it with some drops of lemon juice and then apply the paste over your skin. Wash it off with normal water to welcome your hydrated and supple skin.
- Moisturization of skin is another important factor to be considered by those who have dry and dull skin. Even if your skin might appear moisturized from the exteriors, do not skip your daily moisturizing routine to achieve the best results. Frequent moisturization with a good quality of hydrating cream or lotion would hydrate even the inner layers of your skin leaving it with a soft and moist look.
Monsoon Skin Care Tips : for Oily Skin
As the girls with dry skin get tensed about their skin quality, so do those who have oily skin. The worse part is that oily skin only adds to one’s woes during the rainy season when the atmosphere is itself loaded with humidity and moisture. This tends to worsen the oily skin condition as the skin feels sticky and there are frequent appearances of acnes and breakouts. If you also happen to be suffering from oily skin issues during the rainy days, then here are some simple tips to help you out.
- Keep your face away from dirt at all times. The oily skin tends to accumulate dirt and debris quite easily which sticks to the upper layer of the skin. Gradually, these dirt particles find their way into the inner skin layer through the pores leading to pimples and acnes. Therefore, it is essential to wash your face quite often to remove the layer of dirt accumulation. This would remove the excess oil from your face making it soft and supple. Try washing your face with some organic-base facewash to lessen the harmful effects of the chemical-based face-washing lotions.
- Scrubbing is another skincare regime that needs to be followed by those with oily skin. Regular scrubbing would unclog the pores in your skin to remove the layer of dirt. Moreover, it also acts as an exfoliation process that helps in the removal of the dead skin layer. You can try out the organic-based or natural homemade scrubs instead of the chemical-based ones to generate the best results without harming your skin.
- Try to wash your face with lukewarm water instead of cold water. This helps in dissolving the skin oil along with any dust particles in an effective manner and then flushes them out of the skin layer.
- Try preparing a home-based face pack like that made from besan (chickpea flour) mixed with milk, honey and lemon juice and apply it on your skin at least once a week. This face pack removes all the oil and dirt from your skin, leaving it rejuvenated and fresh looking. You could also try out several other homemade face packs to take good care of your skin.
Monsoon Skin Care Tips : for Combination Skin Type
Everyone understands the pain of those with either oily or dry skin. However, the real sufferers are those who have combination skin type. The girls with these skin types are the most confused about the proper skincare regime that they should follow as different areas of their skin behave differently and thus require unique care. The combination skin types (both oily & dry) need special care and attention during the monsoon season. This is because of the reason that some areas of the skin like cheeks might appear dry & dull, while the others like nose and forehead (T-zone) appears quite oily.
The dry part of the skin needs proper cleansing and moisturization. Similarly, the oily skin part needs cleansing, toning and scrubbing routine to result into a healthy skin. Here are some additional tips for taking care of combination skin types:
- Water serves a great boon to those with combination skin as well. When the skin is properly hydrated, the body balances the dry and oil levels in the skin. Therefore, your skin appears simply perfect when you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water on a daily basis. This is the most natural treatment for achieving the desired glowing skin.
- Try to maintain a regular washing & moisturizing regime every day. Wash your face at least 2-3 times a day with organic-based anti-bacterial face wash. After washing your face, dab your face dry. Do not rub it with the towel. This would make your skin rough and dry. Moreover, it is also essential to moisturize your skin properly to impart it a glowing appearance.
- Use homemade natural face packs that suit your skin type. Try to avoid chemical-based products as those would harm your skin in the long run.
Additional Skincare Tips for Monsoon
Here are some additional skincare tips during the monsoon season that would help you achieve healthy and glowing skin:
- Keep your skin moist with the help of soap-free cleansers and scrubs.
- Toning needs to be done with an alcohol-free toner to prevent the dryness of skin.
- You must not step out of your home without a layer of sunscreen even when the weather is not sunny outside
- Facials and bleaching should be avoided or at least limited during the rains as these would make your skin rough.
- Put on light waterproof makeup rather than heavy cream-based makeup products.
- Make use of warm water to wash your face instead of cold water to remove the dirt and oil from skin.
While the first rains after scorching heat are something to relish on, you should enjoy this season to as much extent as possible. Enjoy the rains and your healthy skin by maintaining a proper skincare regime during the rains. Have a pleasant monsoon time!
This post was last modified on January 1, 2019 12:56 pm