Turmeric has been the best Ayurvedic remedy for treating the skin problems since ages. Its anti-ageing properties along with the one which lightens up the skin and scar reduction make it the best go-to option for any kind of skin issues. Turmeric makes for the best home remedy and can save you from spending much on the expensive salons if you use it regularly as a skin treatment. In this write-up, we have discussed some of the best ways to use Turmeric for skin therapy for the skin issues. Moreover, we have also elaborated the various ways in which you can use this remedy along with other ingredients to form the best packs for your skin.
How to Use Turmeric for Skin Therapy?
Listed below are ways in which you can use turmeric as a remedy for the skin problems that you face time and again. Turmeric is just one solution for many problems, and hence can be used to treat it effectively. Read through the points below to know more on the same:
1. Using Turmeric for Treating Oily Skin
Turmeric can be used for almost all skin types. However, when it comes to treating the oily skin, you would always feel sceptical about using the skin products, but that won’t be the case with turmeric.
- All you need to do is to mix sandalwood powder, orange juice and a pinch of turmeric powder to make a smooth paste.
- Apply this mixture on your skin until you feel it has dried up completely and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Since sandalwood has a cooling effect and it soaks up the extra oil from the skin, it makes it the best side ingredient along with turmeric to treat this skin type.
If you are looking for how are cranberries useful for skin and hair then click here…
2. Using Turmeric to Treat Stretch Marks
If stretch marks are an issue for your body, then follow the steps given below –
- Mix chickpea flour along with turmeric powder.
- Apply it on the affected area so that they lighten up over the time.
Stretch marks do look ungraceful on the skin, and if you want them to reduce the appearance of these, then use turmeric as a remedy on a regular basis.
3. Using Turmeric as an Anti-aging Remedy
After a certain age, the skin starts shedding which makes space for skin issues such wrinkles, spots on the skin, etc. However, with some simple home remedies, you can easily treat your skin on a regular basis and achieve great benefits. Turmeric helps in repairing the skin cells thus making it get that glow again just similar to the one when you are slightly younger.
- Mix turmeric powder along with either raw milk or yogurt.
- Apply it directly on the affected skin.
- Once the paste dries up to wash it off with lukewarm water.
You will see the wonderful effects soon.
4. Using Turmeric for Treating Tanning
Are you worried about your tanned skin after a great holiday and looking out for an effective remedy to treat your skin? Well, instead of spending some extra bucks in the salons, you can always treat yourself at home with turmeric.
- For using it as a remedy, you would need to mix lime juice and turmeric to form a paste out of this mixture.
- Lime juice being the best source for treating dark skin, when used with turmeric makes for the best remedies to remove tanning of the skin.
- Moreover, you can even use the mixture of turmeric powder, honey, lime juice and raw milk as an alternative to treating the skin.
- Apply this mixture for about thirty minutes on your face, and then wash it off after it has dried.
5. Using Turmeric for Treating Acne
Acne is one of the biggest skin problems among the people of almost all age groups. The reason behind them are many, however, they can be treated instantly with the help of turmeric. While using it as a remedy, you would need to mix turmeric, sandalwood powder along with lemon juice and form a paste out of these ingredients. After this, you can apply this on your face for about ten minutes and then wash it off with slightly warm water. Use this remedy regularly in order to get positive results.
Do you want to know best effective ways to get rid of facial scars? Click here for more details…
6. Using Turmeric for Treating Wrinkles
With age, the skin starts losing its suppleness and thus resulting in wrinkles. One should be extra careful at such times and opt for a healthy diet along with some skin treatments. Turmeric is one of the options in this case.
- Mix its powder along with tomato juice, raw milk and rice powder, all in equal proportions.
- Form a thick paste out of it and then apply it on your face for about thirty minutes.
- After you feel the face pack has dried, you can wash it off with lukewarm water.
7. Using Turmeric as a Skin Moisturiser
Yes, turmeric when combined with honey and rose water makes for one of the best natural moisturizers.
- Mix these three ingredients to form a paste, and then apply it on your skin until it dries.
- You can then wash it off with water.
- This is one of the most effective remedies to make the skin soft and smooth in an instant.
You would be able to see positive results once you start using this remedy for on a regular basis.
We hope that with these above-mentioned tips you would be able to grasp a brief idea about using turmeric as a skin treatment. Not only will it make your skin free from problems, but will also make it much healthier. Make sure that you use the tips that we have included in this write up to treat the various skin issues that you might be facing.
Also, since turmeric is a natural ingredient you can use it for all skin types without getting suspicious about the skin allergies. So, get started with the skin treatment at your home itself and get a glowing skin instantly.
Thanks very much to floradress I’ve got a solution to my skin problems
That’s great Nakkazzi, glad to know you found the solution for your skin problems. Turmeric is an age old Ayurvedic herb commonly used in Indian medicines. You should give it a try for sure!
Glad you liked this article ad found it informative. Thanks for placing a comment!
I have also made my own tumeric cream by just mixing pure tumeric powder with aqueous cream and applying overnight. Saves on costly creams. I also mix tumeric in milk and drink almost everyday. Its good for everything.
What about taking supplements? Will it have the same effect as putting it directly on your skin?