If you are thinking that the only use of coconut oil is to apply on hair, then you are wrong. Coconut oil is a powerhouse of essential fatty acids and nourishment for beauty as well as health. Uses of coconut oil for beauty and health are numerous. Lets have a look at few prominent ones.
Coconut oil offers a wide range of benefits right from healing wounds to nourishing dry elbows and skin. Apart from beauty regime, coconut oil can be used for cooking purpose. Want to lose weight? Then, start using coconut oil in your diet meals.
Benefits of coconut oil are not restricted to hair and skin care. Hence, it is better to have a jar of coconut oil in your kitchen cabinet as well as in your beauty kit. Because now you are going to be amazed with its invigorating benefits.
Learn About Uses of Coconut Oil for Beauty and Health
1. Coconut Oil for Hair Care
Like we all know, coconut oil has been used since ages for applying and massaging on hair. It is the best natural remedy for hair growth, strengthening and making it lustrous and shiny. Coconut oil also helps in treating that rigid dandruff and relives you from itchy and dry scalp. Women having dry, curly hair can apply a few drops of coconut oil to avoid frizz.
2. Coconut Oil for Oral Care
If you gargle with few drops of coconut oil in the morning, it will help you in cleaning germs, developing fresh breath and a healthy mouth. In case you are embarrassed with the problem of brownish teeth, then you can apply coconut oil for few minutes and wash it off with water. Coconut oil has whitening properties that will help in fading the yellowish stains on your teeth.
Here we bring for you how to look after your skin during summer.
3. Skin Care
- Instead of using chemically-laden makeup remover available over-the-counter, coconut oil will serve the purpose. It can remove the water-resistant eye mascara easily without leaving traces of it. The main advantage is that it does not harm your skin. It removes makeup effectively and it nourishes your skin.
- Dry skinned people, this is for you. Do you keep browsing at the stores for a good body lotion that won’t make your feel stretched or over-oily? If you need a natural body lotion for your irritating skin, then coconut oil is the answer. You can keep a bottle of coconut oil in the bathroom itself and apply it all over the body after bath. When the oil is applied after bath, the nourishing properties in it get locked into the skin.
- Coconut oil is also an excellent body massage oil. You can massage it on your body for at least 10 to 15 minutes and then have a nice bubble bath. It will be like a home spa treatment for relieving the stress and worries out of your body.
- It works miraculously for cracked, dry lips in the winter. Instead of carrying a chemical-based lip balm, pack few drops of semi-solid coconut oil in a jar and keep it in your purse. It will be a perfect natural lip balm for your lips. Chapped lips won’t be an issue anymore.
- Though coconut oil does not completely remove blemishes, stretch marks and scars from the skin, it can at least help in fading these dark spots. Regular usage of coconut oil on the body can prevent occurrence of stretch marks or dark spots on the skin.
- There are hundreds of over-the-counter under eye creams that promise to free your eyes from dark circles and puffiness. However, coconut oil will guarantee you a natural remedy for removing the under eye bags. The under eye skin is the most delicate part of your face and you do not want to risk it with harmful skin products.
- Coconut oil will make your hands and feet soft and smooth. No other cream can guarantee you with the same results. You can apply oil to the cuticles and also make your manicure or pedicure last longer.
- After waxing of hands, legs or complete body wax, you can apply a few drops of coconut oil to avoid rash and burnt skin. If you have sensitive skin, then coconut oil will work wonders.
- Coconut oil is a topical base for soothing wounds, bruises, burns and itchy skin.
- Moreover, coconut oil can be mixed with other oils such as castor oil, almond oil, olive oil, etc. to develop healthy oil mixtures. These oil mixes will act as body lotions or hair oils to enrich your beauty.
4. Health Care
- Coconut oil is a rich sources of Medium Chain Triglycerides. These are saturated fatty acids that do not work like other fatty acids. It helps in fighting obesity, one of the biggest health threats to the world population. Another good news is that coconut oil effectively reduces belly fat, a problem faced by majority of the people.
- The fatty acids contained in coconut oil eliminate dangerous microorganisms. Thus, it helps in prevention of infections caused due to fungi, viruses and bacteria.
- If you use coconut oil for cooking, then it will reduce your hunger. As a result, you will be less indulged in binge eating and consume less calories.
- Consumption of coconut oil assists in the improvement of essential elements such as LDL and HDL cholesterol. This reduces the risks of heart diseases in people.
Thus, coconut oil is an essential ingredient in our kitchen as well as in our beauty regime. Make a habit to use these tips in your beauty care routines. It can also be incorporated as cooking oil for everyday use.
Hope you loved reading this article about coconut oil. If you really loved reading it then please share it with your friends on social media. Also, don’t forget to give your valuable comment in the comment section below.
Have a good day!
This post was last modified on January 4, 2019 6:18 pm